James Clinton, Corporal, Battery G, 1st Ohio Light Artillery US
- James H. Clinton is born to Irish immigrants John and Jane Clinton.
- August 6: The United States Federal Census taken in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio shows 20 year old James living with his parents and siblings. His father is a miller.
- December 5: James enlisted in the United States Army.
- *Brothers Alexander and John also enlisted
- December 28: John’s brother Alex, who previously had been discharged from the army because of a wound, reenlisted in the army and was mustered into Battery G 1st Ohio Light Artillery with his brothers.
- March 11: James’ brother John who is also in Battery G is transferred to Battery M of the 1st Ohio Light Artillery.
- November 30: James is wounded at the Battle of Franklin. His brother Alex is also wounded.
- June 14: James was mustered out of the army in Madison, Indiana.
- September 30: James Clinton dies in Cuyahoga County, Ohio and is buried at the Highland Park Cemetery.