Sebastian Sherwood, Private, Battery G, 1st Ohio Light Artillery US
- July 19: Sebastian Augustus Sherwood is born to Orsamus and Ann Sherwood.
- September 10: The United States Federal Census taken in Royalton Township, Cuyahoga County, Ohio shows 4 year old Sebastian living with his parents and sister. His father Orsamus is a merchant.
- July 6: The United States Federal Census taken in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio shows 13 year old Sebastian living with his father and siblings. His father, Orsamus, is a carpenter.
- November 1: Sebastian enlisted in the United States Army. His enlistment papers list him as being 17 years old, but both 1850 & 1860 census reports list him as being born in 1846, so he was actually 15 when he enlisted.
- November 30: Sebastian is killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Sebastian was only 18 years old. He is buried in Murfreesboro at the Stones River National Cemetery
- April 11: Sebastian's father applies for a pension for Sebastian's service.