William Bogan, Private, Co A, 175th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, US
- William Bogan is born to parents Benjamin and Mary Bogan in Virginia.
- April 14: William Bogan marries Sarah Garrison in Clinton County, Ohio.
- September 27: The United States Federal Census taken in Washington Township, Clinton County, Ohio shows William, a farmer, and Sarah living with their children Moses, age 7, Henry W., 5, Benjamin M., 3 and John W., 1.
- July 14: The United States Federal Census taken in Vernon Township, Clinton County, Ohio shows William, a farmer, and Sarah living with their children Moses, 18, Henry, 16, Marion, 12, John, 11, Frank, 10, Henry, 8, Mary, 5 and Eberle, 3.
- June: William registers for the U.S. Civil War draft in Vernon Township, Clinton County, Ohio. He is a 44 year old married farmer.
- September 2: William’s 21 year old son, Moses Bogan, enlists in the US Army.
- September 5: William and his 18 year old son, Benjamin both enlist in the US Army. Description at enlistment: 5’6”, blue eyes, light hair, light complexion.
- November 30: William is killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Both of his sons survived, although Moses was slightly wounded.
- February 28: A third son, Henry W. Bogan also enlists in the United States Army in Columbus, Ohio. He is mustered into Co. D 188th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
- August 19: Sarah applies and is granted a widows military pension.