William Ransbottom, Corporal, Co. G, 1st Ohio Light Artillery, US
- August 17: William W. Ransbottom is born in Virginia.
- August 11: William enlisted in the United States Army.
- November 30: William fights at the Battle of Franklin. He is wounded in the left wrist.
- May 20: William is discharged from the army as a result of his Franklin wound.
- June 12: William applies for and is granted a military pension for disability.
- October 20: William marries Nancy McKee in Wood County, Ohio.
- July 21: The United States Federal Census taken in Liberty Township, Wood County, Ohio shows William, a farmer, living with his wife Nancy. Also living with the couple is a 12 year old boy by the name of Charles Hunt.
- June 3: The United States Federal Census taken in Liberty Township, Wood County, Ohio shows William, a farmer, living with his wife Nancy. Interestingly enough the census lists William has a “sickness” listed: gun shot wound.
- September 2: William dies in Wood County, Ohio. He is buried at Sargent Cemetery.
- September 18: Nancy Ransbottom, William’s widow, applies for and is granted a widows pension.