Benjamin Marion Bogan, Private, Co A, 175th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, US
- October 25: Benjamin Marion Bogan was born in Clinton County, OH to William and Sarah Bogan.
- September 27: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Washington Township, Clinton County, OH showed 3-year-old Benjamin living with his parents and siblings.
- July 14: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Vernon Township, Clinton County, Ohio showed 12-year-old Benjamin living with his parents and siblings.
- September 2: Benjamin’s brother, Moses Bogan, enlisted in the US Army.
- September 5: Benjamin and his father, William, both enlisted in the US Army. Description at enlistment: 5’9”, blue eyes, light hair and fair complexion.
- November 30: Benjamin’s father William was killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Benjamin and his brother Moses survived, but Moses was wounded.
- February 28: Benjamin’s brother Henry W. Bogan also enlisted in the United States Army in Columbus, OH. He was mustered into Co. D, 188th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
- June 27: Benjamin mustered out of the U.S. Army in Nashville, Tennessee.
- June 30: Benjamin Bogan died of typhoid fever in Clinton County, OH. He was 19 years old. He is buried at the Rehobath Cemetery in Clinton County, OH.