Benjamin Marion Bogan, Private, Co A, 175th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, US
- October 25: Benjamin Marion Bogan was born in Clinton County, Ohio to William and Sarah Bogan.
- September 27: The United States Federal Census taken in Washington Township, Clinton County, Ohio shows 3 year old Benjamin living with his parents and siblings.
- July 14: The United States Federal Census taken in Vernon Township, Clinton County, Ohio shows 12 year old Benjamin living with his parents and siblings.
- September 2: Benjamin’s brother, Moses Bogan, enlists in the US Army.
- September 5: Benjamin and his father, William, both enlist in the US Army. Description at enlistment: 5’9”, blue eyes, light hair and fair complexion.
- November 30: Benjamin’s father William is killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Benjamin and his brother Moses survive, but Moses is wounded.
- February 28: Benjamin’s brother Henry W. Bogan also enlists in the United States Army in Columbus, Ohio. He is mustered into Co. D 188th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
- June 27: Benjamin musters out of the US Army in Nashville, Tennessee.
- June 30: Benjamin Bogan dies of typhoid fever in Clinton County, Ohio. He was 19 years old. He is buried at the Rehobath Cemetery in Clinton County, Ohio.