Clifford Stickney, Major, Co. C, 72nd Illinois Infantry
- Clifford Stickney is born in Rhode Island to parents John and Abby Stickney.
- The United States Federal Census taken on September 16th in Crittendon County, Kentucky show 11 year old Clifford living with his parents, John and Abby Stickney and his siblings. John Stickney’s occupation is listed as being a “gentleman.”
- Attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.
- The United States Federal Census taken on June 18th in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois shows Clifford, a Civil Engineer, living with his widowed mother and siblings.
- The Chicago City Directory shows Clifford Stickney, a civil engineer, living with his mother.
- August 21: Commissioned as an officer in the United States Army.
- March 3: Promoted to full 1st Lieutenant.
- November 30: Fought in the battle of Franklin.
- August 7: Commissioned an officer in the U.S. Volunteers Adjutant Genl Dept Infantry.
- October 3: Clifford Stickney dies in a train depot in Marion, Virginia of Yellow Fever.
- October 30: Article about Lt. Stickney’s death appears in the Harrisburg Telegraph in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.