Major Clifford Stickney, Co. C, 72nd Illinois Infantry, USA
- Clifford Stickney was born in Rhode Island to parents John and Abby Stickney.
- September 16: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Crittendon County, KY showed 11-year-old Clifford living with his parents, John and Abby Stickney and his siblings. John Stickney’s occupation is listed as being a “gentleman.”
- Attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, NY.
- June 18: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Chicago, Cook County, IL showed Clifford, a Civil Engineer, living with his widowed mother and siblings.
- The Chicago City Directory showed Clifford Stickney, a civil engineer, living with his mother.
- August 21: Commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Army.
- March 3: Clifford was promoted to full 1st Lieutenant.
- November 30: Clifford fought in the Battle of Franklin.
- August 7: Commissioned an officer in the U.S. Volunteers Adjutant Genl Dept Infantry.
- October 3: Clifford Stickney died in a train depot in Marion, VA of Yellow Fever.
- October 30: Article about Lt. Stickney’s death appeared in the Harrisburg Telegraph in Harrisburg, PA.