Captain Elisha J. Morgan Jr., Co. K, 72nd Illinois Infantry, USA
- Elisha J. Morgan Jr. was born in Indiana to parents Elisha and Caroline Morgan.
- June 29: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Rock County, WI showed 16- year-old Elisha, a student, living with his parents. His father was a farmer with $7,000 in real estate.
- August 8: Enlisted in the U.S. Army in Chicago, IL.
- Enlistment information. Residence: Beloit, Rock County, WI, Age: 19, Height: 5’ 10, Hair: light, Eyes: Blue, Complexion: light, Marital Status: Single, Occupation: Student, Nativity: Cook County, IL.
- August 21: Mustered into the 72 IL Infantry, U.S.
- October 17: Promoted to Corporal.
- June 10: Promoted to Sergeant Major.
- November 30: Fought at the Battle of Franklin.
- August 7: Mustered out of the U.S. Army.
- Elisha Morgan married Julia Waggoner.
- June 7: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Deerfield, Lake County, IL showed Elisha, a merchant, and his wife Julia living with their children: Edna, 6, Edith, 4 and Elisha, 2.
- November 27: Elisha’s wife Julia filed for a military pension.