Henry C. Gibson, Private, Co. L, 12th Louisiana Infantry
- Henry Churchill Gibson was born in Georgia to parents William and Sallie Waggoner Gibson.
- July 25: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Claiborne County, LA showed 18 year old Henry living with his parents. His father, William, was a farmer.
- November 15: Henry’s brother, Paul Gibson, a soldier in the 12th LA Infantry, died of disease at Camp Moore, LA.
- February 27: Enlisted in the C.S. Army in Monroe, LA.
- November and December: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- March to June: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- July and August: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “sent to hospital Laudendale Springs, July 10, 63.”
- September to December: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- May and June: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- July and August: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “sent to hospital sick 16th July by order surgeon.”
- October 7-15: In hospital at Shelby Springs, Alabama with dysentery.
- November 30: Fought in the Battle of Franklin.
- December 15: Captured at the Battle of Nashville. Sent to Cumberland General Hospital. Wounded “GS fracture to left femur upper 1/3 and gangrene” Remarks “one hat two jackets one pair of pants pair of shoes one blanket.”
- December 22: Henry Gibson died. He was buried at the City Cemetery in grave #10543.