Hercules J. Aird, Co. B, 23rd Michigan Infantry, USA
- Hercules J. Aird was born to John and Ellen Aird in Detroit, MI.
- July 15: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Detroit, Wayne County, MI showed 9-year-old Hercules living with his parents and his siblings. His father, John, was a shoemaker.
- August 4: Hercules Aird enlisted in the U.S. Army in East Saginaw, MI. He mustered into Co. B, 23rd Michigan Infantry on September 11.
- November 30: Hercules fought in the Battle of Franklin.
- July 27: Hercules mustered out of the U.S. Army in Washington, D.C..
- July 8: Hercules married Amanda Bartley in St. Clair, MI. His occupation was listed as “lumberman” and his residence as “Harrisville, MI.”
- July 29: U.S. Federal Census taken in Harrisville, Alcona County, MI showed Hercules, a sawyer, living with his wife Amanda.
- April 30: Hercules’ wife Amanda died.
- December 29: Hercules J. Aird died. He was buried with his wife Amanda at the Springport Cemetery in Alcona County, MI.
- September 9: A minor named Joseph Van Buskirk applied for a military pension as a minor dependent upon Hercules Aird.