Hermann E. Hasse, Private, 24th Wisconsin Infantry
- January: Hermann Eduard Hasse is born in Germany to parents Carl and Rosalie Hasse.
- Hermann immigrated to the United States of America from Saxony, Germany.
- The United States Federal Census taken on July 21 in Greenfield, Milwaukee, Wisconsin shows 14 year old Hermann living with his parents.
- The United States Federal Census taken on in Greenfield, Milwaukee, Wisconsin shows 23 year old Hermann, a student, living with his parents and also a younger brother Trustgod, 5 yrs old.
- November 30: Hermann ministered to the wounded of his regiment during and after the Battle of Franklin.
- “McArthur ordered his remaining companies forward along with another regiment in the brigade. Arraying his line smartly, the major shouted above the rising din, “By the left flank, charge.” Just as his company changed direction, “a broadside to the left jaw” knocked down Sergeant Ford. The bullet struck him in the lower angle of the jaw, breaking a bone before tearing down into the collarbone and lodging in his chest. As his company rushed forward, Surgeon Herman Hasse kneeled beside the bleeding Irishman, cut loose the leather straps holding his accoutrements and the string that bound his blanket roll. Spreading out the woolen blanket, he ministered to the wounded sergeant.”
—The 24th Wisconsin Infantry in the Civil War: The Biography of a Regiment. By William J.K. Beaudot
- The United States Federal Census taken on August 26 in Valle, Jefferson, Missouri shows Hermann, a Physician, and Adelaide living with their daughter, Adelaide, 2 years.
- The United States Federal Census taken on June 15 in Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin shows, Hermann, a physician, and Adelaide living with their children: Adelaide, 11, Elsa, 6, Hilda, 4 and Charles, 2.
- Hermann Hasse registers to vote in Los Angeles, California. Information given: Age: 52; Born: Germany; Occupation: Physician; Residence: 1015 Maple Ave.; Naturalized: by naturalization of father.
- The United States Federal Census taken on in Pacific Branch, Los Angeles, California shows Hermann, chief surgeon, and Adelaide living with their children Hilda, age 20 and Carl E., 21. ***The Census is taken at the National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers. The Hasse family is listed among the Officers—Employees and their families: residents of home grounds.***
- October 29: Hermann Eduard Hasse dies in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, Californina.