Sergeant Horatio W. Allen, Co. K, 100th Ohio Infantry, USA
- Horatio was born in New York.
- November 21: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Chicago, Cook County, IL showed 11 year old Horatio living with his mother and siblings. His mother, Zilpha, was a school teacher.
- July 2: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Chicago, Cook County, IL showed 21- year-old Horatio living with his mother, Zilpha, a widowed school teacher. She was a woman of some means and had $2,000 in real estate. Horatio was a painter. Also in the household were 3 siblings younger than Horatio.
- September 1: Horatio enlisted in the U.S. Army and mustered into Co. K 100th OH Infantry.
- December 9: Horatio was promoted to Sergeant.
- November 30: Horatio fought in the Battle of Franklin and was mortally wounded.
- December 8: Horatio died in General Hospital #3 in Nashville, TN.