Colonel Isaac R. Sherwood, 111th Ohio Infantry, USA
- August 13: Isaac R. Sherwood was born in Stanford, New York to Aaron and Maria Sherwood.
- August 30: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Stanford, Dutchess County, NY showed 14-year-old Isaac living with this mother Maria and siblings.
- September 1: Isaac Sherwood married Kate Brownlee in Mahoning County, OH.
- April 27: Isaac enlisted in Company C, OH 14th Infantry.
- June: While Isaac was away at war, Kate gave birth to son James B. Sherwood.
- August 15: Mustered out of US Army.
- August 20: Enlisted in Company S, Ohio 111th Infantry.
- January 1: Promoted to Full Lt Colonel.
- September 8: Promoted to Full Colonel.
- November 30: Isaac fought in the Battle of Franklin.
- June 27: Mustered out of the U.S. Army.
- Isaac R. Sherwood was elected Secretary of State of Ohio.
- Isaac R. Sherwood was elected to a second term as Secretary of State of Ohio.
- September 8: U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Bryan, Williams County, OH showed Isaac, Secretary of State, and Kate living with their children: James, 8 and Lenora, 7.
- June 1: U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Toledo, Lucas County, OH showed Isaac, a probate judge, and Kate living with their children: James, 18 and Nora K., 17. Also living with the family is an 18 year old servant named Lucy Holden.
- June 1: U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Toledo, Lucas County, OH showed Isaac, a newspaper editor, and Katie living with their daughter (maybe granddaughter) Katherine, 9 yrs and their niece Katherine Duncan, 20.
- April 23: U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Toledo, Lucas County, OH shows Isaac, a representative in the US Congress, and Kate living with their niece Katherine.
- February 5: Kate Brownlee Sherwood died.
- August 20: Altoona Tribune.
- October 8: Portsmouth Daily Times, Portsmouth, Ohio
- October 15: Isaac Sherwood died.