Lieutenant John S. Burdick, 20th Ohio Light Artillery, USA
- John S. Burdick was born in New York.
- July 25: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH showed John, a fireman, lived as a boarder with an engineer and his family.
- August 30: John S. Burdick enlisted in the US Army. He was commissioned as an officer.
- March 5: John was promoted to Full Sergeant.
- November 25: John was promoted to Full 2nd Lieutenant.
- August 29: John was promoted to Full 1st Lieutenant.
- November 30: Lieutenant John Burdick was killed in action at the Battle of Franklin.
- January 6: Cleveland Daily Leader
- January 8: John Burdick was buried at the Monroe Street Cemetery in Cleveland, OH.