3rd Sergeant John Riley McCreight, Co. C, 9th Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- John Riley McCreight was born to John and Margaret Thompson McCreight in South Carolina.
- October 2: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Tipton County, TN showed John, a farmer, living with his parents and siblings.
- June 17: John was listed as being the Postmaster for Mount Zion, Tipton County TN.
- July 30: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Tipton County, TN shows John, a teacher, living alone.
- May 24th: Enlisted into the Confederate Army in Jackson, Tennessee.
- January to May: Company Muster Roll: Present
- April 24: John was listed in the Memphis Daily Appeal as wounded:
- May and June: Company Muster Roll: Absent-Sick Furlough.
- July to December: Company Muster Roll: Present.
- January to April: Company Muster Roll: Present.
- January-February: Company Muster Roll: Present.
- November 3o: Killed in Action at the Battle of Franklin.
- April: Exhumed from the battlefield and reinterred in the McGavock Confederate Cemetery, Tennessee Section Grave # 160