Private Joseph L. Bethune, Co. I, 46th Georgia Infantry, CSA
- Joseph Leonidas Bethune was born in Talbot County, GA to Marion and Frances Jane Bethune.
- September 10: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Talbotton, Talbot County, GA showed 6-year-old Joseph living with his parents and siblings. His father, Marion, was a Lawyer.
- July 7: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Talbotton, Talbot County, GA showed 15-year-old Joseph living with his parents and siblings. His father, Marion, was an Ordinary and a prominent local politician. He served as a probate judge from 1852-1868 and in the U.S. Congress after the war.
- December 5: Joseph enlisted in the C.S. Army. He mustered into Co. I 46th GA Infantry in Charleston, SC.
- December 31 to August 3: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks: “sick in hospital Macon, GA.”
- November 30: Private Joseph Bethune was killed while fighting in the Battle of Franklin. He was buried in the McGavock Cemetery section 77, grave marker 15.