Corporal Leonard A. Trimble, Co. G, 9th Arkansas Infantry, CSA
- August: Leonard Albert Trimble was born in Monroe County, GA to John and Eliza Trimble.
- October 29: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Monroe County, GA showed 19 year old Leonard living with his mother and siblings.
- Leonard Trimble married Martha Hunt.
- July 20: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Dardens, Monroe County, GA showed Leonard, a farmer, living with Martha and 4 young children. The couple were living with Leonard’s mother who owned the farm.
- May 11: Leonard Trimble enlisted in the C.S. Army in Corinth, MS.
- November and December: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- January 1 to March 1: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “Detailed with baggage.”
- March to December: Company Muster Rolls. Present.
- July 1 – August 31: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- November 30: Leonard fought in the Battle of Franklin.
- December 15: Leonard was wounded in the Battle of Nashville by a cannon ball.
- December 17: Leonard was captured in Franklin, TN.
- January 20: Admitted to US Gen’l Hosp. No. 1 in Nashville, TN. He had an amputated left arm, amputated at the shoulder joint.
- February 24: Forwarded from Nashville, TN to Louisville, KY then onto Camp Chase, OH before arriving at his final destination Point Lookout, MD.
- June 4: Released from Point Lookout, Maryland after signing the Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America.
- June 18: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Lapile Township, Union County, AR showed Leonard, a farmer, and Martha living with their children: Henry, 16, Martha, 14, Liza, 12 Fanny H., 10, William M., 3 and Green, 9 months old. ***Only the youngest two children were born in Arkansas, indicating that somewhere between Fanny and Williams’ births the family moved from Georgia to Arkansas.***
- Leonard showed up on tax records in Lapile Township, Union County, AR.
- June 2: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, TX showed Leonard, a grocer merchant, and Martha living with their children: Henry, 23, Liza, 19, Fanny, 17, Marcellus, 13, Green, 10, (listed as deaf) and John, 6.
- June 11: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Fort Worth, Tarrant County, TX showed Leonard, retired, and Martha living with their youngest son John and various boarders.
- May 11: Leonard Trimble died in Tarrant County, TX. He was buried at Oakwood Cemetery.