Private Levi VanCamp Eaton, Co. I, 44th MO Infantry, USA
- Levi Eaton was born in Mason, KY.
- August 20: The U.S. States Federal Census enumerated in Sullivan County, MO showed a 21-year-old Levi, a farmer, living with his wife Catherine. Living right next door was another Eaton family, most likely Levi’s parents, E.K. and Mary Eaton and siblings.
- July 28: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Sullivan County, MO showed Levi, a farmer, and wife “Kitty” living with their 4 young children.
- September 6: Levi enlisted in the U.S. Army in Wintersville, MO. Company Descriptive Roll describes him as Age: 36, Where born: Mason, Kentucky, Eyes: Blue, Hair: Dark, Height: 6ft 1in., Occupation: Farmer.
- September 19 to October 31: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- November 30: Levi was wounded slightly in the shoulder during the Battle of Franklin.
- December 20: Levi died from infection caused by his wound received at Franklin. He was in a General Hospital in Nashville. He was buried at the Nashville National Cemetery in grave #3730.