Sergeant Meriwether Black, Co. E, 3rd Missouri Infantry, CSA
- January 26: Meriwether Green Black was born in Kentucky to parents Charles and Martha Green Black.
- U.S. Federal Census showed Charles Black, head of household, living in Knox County, KY. There was a male child under the age of 5 living in the household, which was Meriwether.
- September 27: U.S. Federal Census taken in Daviess County, MO showed 15-year-old Meriwether living with his parents and siblings. His father had no occupation listed, but lived in a farming district.
- February 21: Meriwether married Rachel Payne in Daviess County, MO.
- August 20: U.S. Federal Census taken in Gallatin, Daviess County, MO showed Meriwether, a farmer, living with his wife Rachel and their son, Thomas.
- December 28: Meriwether Black enlisted in the Confederate Army, He mustered into Co. E, 3rd MO Infantry.
- March to June: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “detached service”
- July to December: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- November 30: Meriwether was wounded while fighting in the Battle of Franklin. He was captured by U.S. troops on December 17th while convalescing in a makeshift hospital in Franklin. He died on December 28 in Franklin. During re-interment he was buried at the McGavock Confederate Cemetery, section 14, grave 110.