Private Sebastian Sherwood, Battery G, 1st Ohio Light Artillery, USA
- July 19: Sebastian Augustus Sherwood was born to Orsamus and Ann Sherwood.
- September 10: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Royalton Township, Cuyahoga County, OH showed 4-year-old Sebastian living with his parents and sister. His father Orsamus was a merchant.
- July 6: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, OH showed 13-year-old Sebastian living with his father and siblings. His father, Orsamus, was a carpenter.
- November 1: Sebastian enlisted in the U.S. Army. His enlistment papers listed him as being 17 years old, but both 1850 & 1860 census reports list him as being born in 1846, so he was actually 15 when he enlisted.
- November 30: Sebastian is killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Sebastian was only 18 years old. He was buried in Murfreesboro at the Stones River National Cemetery.
- April 11: Sebastian's father applied for a pension for Sebastian's service.