Major Sylvester Cooper, Co. D, 46th Tennessee Infantry, CSA
- April 12: Sylvester Clendenin Cooper is born in Tennessee.
- October 14: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Carroll County, TN showed 19 year old Sylvester living with his parents Abner and Mary Cooper and his siblings. Abner was a farmer.
- January 16: Sylvester Cooper married Mary Agnes Bradley in Henry County, TN.
- September 20: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Henry County, TN showed Sylvester, a farmer, and Margaret (Mary) living with their children: Mary A., 5 yrs and William J., 1 yr.
- November 29: Sylvester enlisted in the C.S. Army in Paris, TN. Elected Captain.
- April 7: Taken Prisoner of war at Island No. 10.
- April 13: Appeared on a list of commissioned officers and servants, prisoners of war, who arrived at Camp Chase, Ohio from Island No. 10. He was then transferred to Johnson’s Island.
- September 1: Appeared on a Roll of Prisoners of War at Depot Prisoners of War, near Sandusky, Ohio. Remarks “sent to Vicksburg”
- September 29: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- October 21: Appointed Major.
- October 24: Company Muster Roll/Camp Cummings near Mobile, Alabama. Present.
- August 18: Appeared on an Inspection Report in the field near Atlanta Georgia.
- September 15: Appeared on an inspection report for Quarles’ Brigade, Walthall’s Division, Stewart’s Corps, Army of Tenn., commanded by Brig. Gen. Wm. A. Quarles. Report taken near Lovejoys Station, Georgia.
- October 24: Company Muster Roll. Camp Cummings near Mobile, Alabama. Present. Age: 32.
- November 30: Major Cooper was wounded at Franklin, Tennessee and captured by U.S. forces.
- December 3: Sylvester was admitted to General Hospital No. 1 in Nashville, TN. Diagnosis “Simple fl wd of Rt hip liser” Missile: Can Ball.
- January 25: Appeared on a report of field officers of regiments of Quarles Brigade commanded by Brig. Gen. Geo. D. Johnston, near Verona, MS. Absent. Prisoner of War.
- May 6: Sylvester was transferred to General Hospital No. 2. Sylvesters’ age was written down as 38.
- May 13: Signed Oath of Allegiance in Nashville, TN. Place of Residence: Henry County, TN, Complexion: fair, Hair: dark, Eyes: gray, Height: 5’11”.
- July 28: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Henry County, TN showed Sylvester, a farmer, and Mary living with their children: Mary A., 13 yrs, William, 11 and Laura, 3.
- June 12: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Henry County, TN showed S.C. Cooper, a farmer, and his wife Mary A., living with their daughter Lura L., age 12. A child by the name of Edward Cooper also lived with the family and he is listed as a laborer…not a son.
- January 2: Sylvester Cooper was widowed.
- June 18: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Henry County, TN showed a widowed Sylvester, a farmer, living on his own farm with lodgers.
- September 13: Sylvester C. Cooper died in Henry County, TN.