Private Thomas M. Culwell, Co. E, 10th Texas Infantry, CSA
- December 17: Thomas was born in Washington County, AR to Thomas and Eliza Culwell.
- November 10: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Collin County, TX showed 5 year old Thomas living with his parents and siblings. His father was a farmer.
- December 8: Thomas mustered into service in the Confederate in Virginia Point, TX army just a few short days before his 18th birthday.
- January to December: Company Muster Rolls. Present.
- January 11: Appeared on a roster of Confederate prisoners captured at Fort Hindman, AR.
- February 8: Appeared on a roll of prisoners of war at Camp Douglas, IL.
- January 1 to August: Company Muster Rolls. Present.
- September & October: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “wounded in action at Chickamauga 20 Sept since in hospital.”
- November & December: Company Muster Roll. Absent. Remarks “wounded in action Chicamauga Sept 20. Since in Hosp in Ga.”
- January to April: Company Muster Rolls. Present.
- May 27: Thomas M. Culwell was severly injured in the shoulder at Pickett’s Mill, GA.
- November 30: Thomas Culwell was killed in action at the Battle of Franklin.