Private Thomas Dudley Council, Co. G, 42nd Infantry Tennessee, CSA
- April: Thomas Dudley Council was born in Tennessee to David and Priscilla Council.
- June 29: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Cheatham County, TN showed 17 year old Thomas, a farm hand, living with his parents and siblings.
- October 24: Thomas enlisted in the C.S. Army at Camp Cheatham.
- November and December: Company Muster Roll. Present
- February 16: Thomas was captured at Ft. Donelson.
- August 1: Appeared on a roll for prisoners of war incarcerated at Camp Douglass, IL.
- September 4: Sent from Camp Douglas to Vicksburg to be exchanged.
- January through August: Company Muster Roll. Present.
- October 22: Company Muster Roll/Mobile, Alabama. Present.
- November 30: Fought in the Battle of Franklin. Wounded.
- December 17: Taken prisoner at Franklin on the Confederate Retreat.
- January 5: Arrived at military prison in Louisville, KY.
- January 9: Transferred to Camp Chase prison in Columbus.
- January 11: Received at Camp Chase.
- February 17: Paroled at Camp Chase, OH and transferred to Point Lookout, MD for exchange.
- January 9: Thomas Dudley Council married Sarah Elizabeth Felts in Cheatham County, TN.
- August 15: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Cheatham County, TN showed Thomas, a farmer, and Sarah living with their children: William, 3 and Elizabeth, 1.
- June 12: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Cloars School House, Obion County, TN showed Thomas, a farmer, and Sarah living with their children: Willie, age 12, Priscilla, 7, Kate, 5 and Mattie, 1.
- June 8: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in Obion County, TN showed Thomas, a farmer, and Sarah living with their children: Kate, 25, Ben, 18, Verne, 14 and Cleveland, 12.
- Thomas Dudley Council was added to the list of Tennessee Confederate Pensioners.
- Thomas Dudley Council died.