Private William Bogan, Co. A, 175th Ohio Volunteer Infantry, USA
- William Bogan was born to parents Benjamin and Mary Bogan in Virginia.
- April 14: William Bogan marries Sarah Garrison in Clinton County, Ohio.
- September 27: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Washington Township, Clinton County, OH showed William, a farmer, and Sarah lived with their children Moses (age 7), Henry W. (5), Benjamin M. (3), and John W. (1).
- July 14: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Vernon Township, Clinton County, OH showed William, a farmer, and Sarah lived with their children Moses (18), Henry (16), Marion (12), John (11), Frank (10), Henry (8), Mary (5), and Eberle (3).
- June: William registered for the U.S. Civil War draft in Vernon Township, Clinton County, OH. He was a 44 year old married farmer.
- September 2: William’s 21-year-old son, Moses Bogan, enlisted in the U.S. Army.
- September 5: William and his 18 year old son, Benjamin both enlisted in the U.S. Army. Description at enlistment: 5’6”, blue eyes, light hair, light complexion.
- November 30: William was killed in action at the Battle of Franklin. Both of his sons survived, although Moses was slightly wounded.
- February 28: A third son, Henry W. Bogan also enlisted in the U.S. Army in Columbus, OH. He was mustered into Co. D, 188th Ohio Volunteer Infantry.
- August 19: Sarah applied and was granted a widow's military pension.