William H. Lee, Sergeant, Co. E, 50th Ohio Infantry
- William H. Lee is born in Ohio to Edward and Sarah Lee.
- The United States Federal Census taken on July 23rd in New Market, Highland County, Ohio shows 10 year old William living with his parents and siblings. His father is a farmer.
- The United States Federal Census taken on June 4th in New Market, Highland County, Ohio shows 20 year old William living with his widowed mother and his siblings.
- July 8: William enlisted in the United States Army as a Sergeant.
- August 26: William musters into Company E of the 50 OH.
- August 22: His brother James P. Lee dies while sick at home in Hillsboro, Ohio. James was a soldier in the 168 OH.
- November 30: William fights in the Battle of Franklin. His regiment was on the South side of the Carter garden.
- December 15: Newspaper article appeared in The Highland Weekly News in Hillsboro, Ohio. ****William actually was not killed at Franklin. He survived and was a prisoner of war.***
- April 26: William died in the steamer “Sultana” explosion.