Sergeant William H. Lee, Co. E, 50th Ohio Infantry, USA
- William H. Lee was born in Ohio to Edward and Sarah Lee.
- July 23: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in New Market, Highland County, OH showed 10-year-old William living with his parents and siblings. His father is a farmer.
- June 4: The U.S. Federal Census enumerated in New Market, Highland County, OH showed 20-year-old William living with his widowed mother and his siblings.
- July 8: William enlisted in the U.S. Army as a Sergeant.
- August 26: William mustered into Company E of the 50th OH.
- August 22: His brother James P. Lee died while sick at home in Hillsboro, OH. James was a soldier in the 168th OH.
- November 30: William was captured in the Battle of Franklin. His regiment was on the South side of the Carter garden.
- December 15: Newspaper article appeared in The Highland Weekly News in Hillsboro, OH. ****William actually was not killed at Franklin. He survived and was a prisoner of war.***
- April 26: William died in the steamer “Sultana” explosion.