Private William A. McCoy, Co. A, 175th Ohio Infantry, USA
- March 23: William Allen McCoy was born to parents Isaac and Comfort McCoy in Highland County, OH.
- August 4: William McCoy and Margaret Montgomery were married in Highland County, OH.
- July 23: The U.S. Federal Census taken in Franklin Township, Adams County, OH showed William, a farmer, living with his new wife Margaret.
- June: William A. McCoy registered for the draft.
- August 23: William enlisted in the U.S. Army with friend Jacob Wisecup.
- September 10: Mustered into the 175th Ohio.
- November 30: Fought in the Battle of Franklin. He was killed in action. He was buried at Stones River National Cemetery in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
- ***William’s youngest daughter Rachel McCoy was born 4 months to the day after her father died. William’s friend Jacob Wisecup married Margaret McCoy and took care of her and the McCoy children.***